Friday 4 March 2011

Will you be there?




We all like to think of ourselves as understanding, caring and giving people, but are we really?
What do you do to do your bit for those less fortunate?

The saying goes "Charity begins at home" and while I agree with that, especially as I come from a very large family, and I have 4 children myself, I always think that with a little amount of effort everyone could help others, no matter what your situation.

Charity donation bags are always being put through my door, so even if I only have 1 item that I no longer need/want I know that that could go on to help someone else.

I raise money for a few charities each year, and although its never an earth shattering amount (usually between £100 and £400) I know that every little helps. I don't do this to make myself feel better, although I am proud of my achievements, I do this because I genuinely want to try and help others.

Today, I am talking about Race for Life. 



Set up in aid of Cancer Research UK, the Race for Life is a  sponsored 5 or 10 kilometer track event aimed at females (there are many other sponsored events that take place for both genders, see website for details)

I shall be taking part in the Norwich event on May 15, 2011.

This will be my 8th year with Race for Life and I'm hoping I can get a bit of speed up now that I'm not pregnant!


Me (and Che bump!) with my best mate Andie at Race for Life, Norwich

The atmosphere is always amazing, and the money raised at each event is a huge help to the cause.

Most people know or have known someone who has been affected by Cancer, and if you are attending the event for the first time, remember to take some tissues with you, as those tribute back signs really do bring you to tears.

If you would like to sign up for Race for life, you can find your local event here.

If you can't make it, but would like do donate, you can sponsor me online for my event, via my fundraising page by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment