Friday 31 August 2012

Vicky Myers Creations

 

"I love making new items out of recycled materials, upcycling fabric remnants and old clothes into new bags. Using many textures, colours, and patterns I create unique handmade bags. Each bag has a label describing where the fabric has been sourced from."
- Vicky Myres Creations
Vicky Myers Creations


Have you every realised just how many of your friends have a special talent? Or go that extra mile?

Well, if I'm totally honest, I haven't, until now, and you know what? Some of my friends are pretty damn special!

In light of my new found revelation, I have decided to honour some of my very lovely friends and show my readers just how amazing they are!

 


This post is all about my friend Vicky, who runs Vicky Myers Creations. You only have to look at the above photo to realise how wonderful her talent is.
 
All of her creations are designed and made from recycled fabrics, such as old sweaters,  curtains, scalves, dresses, you name it and I'm sure Vicky can turn it into something useful and beautiful!
 
Having recently stocked her very own stall at the first ever Norwich Makers Market, Vicky is looking forward to attending more craft fairs in the near future to sell her products. She is currently working on her own Etsy shop, and also commissoned work.

"Flower Girls Bag, commisions taken, have the perfect bag to match the perfect dress"


"I have been making ever since I can remember!!
I am inspired by our wonderful world, creation is constant and yet changing.
I studied a HND in Craft, and since then have exhibited in the local Open Studio's. 

I have become increasingly focussed on creating items which can be used in every day life, be it sock monkey's and felt food for the children in my life or items for the adults in my life!!

I have been given a gift of creativity and I feel it is important to appreciate it and develop it :)
I feel it is important to respect the environment and where possible to upcycle, currently creating beautiful bags out of old clothes.
In particular I am enjoying working with felted jumpers, with autumn round the corner working on designs based on autumnal leaves and colours"

 

You can find Vicky on facebook here and in her Etsy shop here.
Find out more about Norwich Makers Market by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment