Saturday 1 September 2012

Store Cupboard Vegetable and Potato Curry





The 6 weeks summer holiday is almost over and, if I'm being completely honest, although I absolutely love my four children being home 24/7, I am exhausted!!
Today was one of those days when it was one thing after another..

From deliveries, supermarket shopping, school shoes shopping, uniform naming, crafting and decluttering Che's huge toy box, I have to admit, I neglected to eat or drink anything myself all day.
By the time the children went to bed at 7pm, I was over tired, thirsty, hungry and (as my husband will testify) extremely tetchy!

I wanted a quick, easy, comforting and filling meal on the table, and I didn't want the faff of lots of chopping, or standing around over the cooker.

I decided to give a store cupboard vegetable and potato curry a go, so I grabbed a few on hand ingredients and in less than 30 minutes, I had a healthy bowl of comfort food in front of me!


Serves 2
Prep time: 5mins
Cooking time 20mins.

Ingredients:

1 cup of frozen diced onion
1 cup of frozen baby carrots
1/2 cup frozen sweetcorn
1 cup of frozen broccoli florets
1 can of baked beans
3 teaspoons of mild curry powder
1 teaspoon of medium curry powder
1 tablespoon of ground garlic
1 large potato (peeled, and cut into 1cm-ish cubes)
Tablespoon of oil

Method:

Peel and chop the potato and boil until soft.
Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat the oil and add all of the frozen vegetables and cook until softened.
Add the can of baked beans, the garlic and the curry powders and stir. cook for 15 minutes.
Drain the potatoes and add to the pan of vegetable curry.
Stir and cook for a further 5 minutes to allow the potatoes to absorb some of the flavours.

Serve with a naan bread.

Yummy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment