Monday 18 November 2013

Double Figures

I'm not quite sure how it happened. But it did.
I'm not entirely sure how ten whole years went by so quickly. But they did.

I remember it. Every little detail. Every second of that 24 hour period that made me into a parent.
I recall the pain, the agony. The tears and the begging for the midwife and doctors to "please get her out, I can't do this anymore". Of course, I could, and I did, although I most definitely did need a little help in the form of an episiotomy, and  Forceps. This was of course, after a failed Ventouse attempt.
But none of that matters now, for it was 10 years ago.

Our beautiful baby daughter, Lauryn Alyssa entered the world on a cold, rainy Friday morning at 10.09am, weighing 6lb 12oz. We were besotted.




And now, she has grown into the most wonderful little lady. Full of character and personality.
Happy 1st decade, big girl. We love you with all our hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment